Areas of Co-operation
In each of the six Areas of Co-operation common policies and approaches are agreed in the North South Ministerial Council but implemented separately in each jurisdiction.
Follow the links below to find out more on the six Areas of Co-operation:
- AgricultureCommon Agricultural Policy issues, Animal and Plant Health Policy and Research and Rural Development.
- EducationEducation for children with special needs, educational under-achievement, teacher qualifications and school, youth and teacher exchanges.
- EnvironmentEnvironmental protection, pollution, water quality management and waste management in a cross-border context
- HealthAccident and emergency planning, co-operation on high technology equipment, cancer research and health promotion.
- Tourism, including Tourism IrelandThe promotion of the island of Ireland overseas as a tourist destination via the establishment of a new company, known as Tourism Ireland.
- TransportCo-operation on strategic transport planning including road and rail infrastructure and public transport services and road and rail safety.