The Council meets in the Tourism Sector in order to make decisions on common policies and approaches in the area of tourism. It also takes decision on policies and actions to be implemented by Tourism Ireland Limited, a publicly owned limited company established to promote the island of Ireland overseas as a tourist destination.
The initial agreed work programme includes:
- Planning and delivering international tourism marketing programmes, including programmes in partnership with the industry North and South.
- Publication and dissemination in overseas markets of information of a balanced and comprehensive nature on the island of Ireland as a tourist destination, which must reflect the diverse traditions, forms of cultural expression, and identities within the island.
- Market research, provision of information and other appropriate assistance to help the industry develop international marketing expertise.
- Co-operation with, consulting, and assisting other bodies or associations in carrying out such activities.
- Carrying out surveys and collecting relevant statistics and information.
The Chairperson of Tourism Ireland Limited is Brian Ambrose and the Vice Chairperson is Jim Flannery. The Chief Executive is Mr Niall Gibbons.
|Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
Telephone: (028/048) 9052 9900
Fax: (028/048) 9052 9550
|Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
44 Kildare Street
Telephone: 00 353 (0)1 6707444 - Dublin Office
Telephone: 00 353 (0)64 6627300 - Killarney Office
Telephone: 00 353 (0)1 476 3400
Fax: 00 353 (0)1 476 3666
2 Beresford Road
Telephone: (028/048) 7035 9200
Fax: (028/048) 7032 6932